Sunday 2 December 2007

Burgundy and Brown Challenge by ByHand Group

Here is my version of Burgundy and Brown. Create without Limits is one of my favorite quotes from Suzanne @ Quietfire Designs. I used a Pilot Parallel Pen for the large writing, Have mercy on my penmanship it is a bit wobbly. The hand in the center is a page I cut out by tracing my hand after covering both sides with decorative papers. I love pages in a journal of unexpected shapes!
I wanted an abstract looking rose so I used a credit card to paint instead of a brush. There is layers of acrylic paint on both sides but more heavy layers and textures on the rose side. I would like to maybe also add some bees wax to the rose. Hmmmmmm

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my godness, this is really stunning. Fabulous art-work. Love it.

Quietfire said...

Beautiful Patti! Very yummy! Thanks for taking the challenge!

Jeanie said...

I love all of your artwork. You are so inspiring! WOW!