Sunday 25 January 2009

Art Gift

My gift is for a co-worker who is going through a difficult time. I made her a journal. Its not hand made, its a purchased one that I decorated. I wanted a lined one for her because I think she will primarily be writing in it. I decorated the inside cover and then stamped a few positive affirmations and imagery on some of the pages so it already feels well loved. I thought I would add a note on how journalling has helped me through some difficult times to encourage her to try it.
I sanded it covered in with black gesso and used my crayons over top. I then rubbed gold paint on the raised parts. I glued some silk paper over the spine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift! The texture of the background is great.

Anonova said...

That's so rich and lovely! Great textures. :)

mergatroid said...

I love the texture and the colour on the cover, very cool, I'm sure she will totally appreciate it, what a great gift!