Sunday 21 June 2009

New leather journal for sketching

A lucky find at the Papery. A leather journal on sale because it has a flaw. The paper is not suited for anything but sketching but that is just what I was looking for. I love the feel and the smell of it. I painted the edges of the pages gold and bronze.


I used a piece of the Mixed Media Madness paper that we made at our Mad Hatters Tea Party as my first page, just inside the front cover. It is so wonderful and has such great depth. :)



These pages are in my black Leather journal. Here is a spread using a stencil for the sun with some agapanthus (spelling?) wallpaper underneath it.


Dragon Fruit are as fascinating on the inside as they are on the outside.

3 comments:

Seth said...

Looks like this will be a beautiful journal to work in. And I really like the first page! Eye imagery is very cool to me.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Wonderful journal-and with your artwork, it will be a treasure to behold!
hugs, chris

Poetic Artist said...

What a beautiful Journal.
What is a dragon fruit?
Katelen