Tuesday 28 July 2009

Newest Visitor to my deck

Isn't he adorable? The photo is by my in house pro Mr Tim Zurowski. It is a Pacific Tree Frog and there was not just one but two. Lucky for this guy I found him because he was originally under the pad on my bench where I sit all the time. There happened to be some leaves blown on it so I lifted it to shake it off and there he was. He is an entire inch long. After moving him gently away I went about watering my plants only to find another one in my sedum plant! How cool is that! And today 4 or 5 days later he's back again.

I have been getting lots of neat visitors, Humming birds to my flowers and sitting on things hanging out, a Nuthatch is coming regularly to the little dish of water, friendly wasps drinking too and all sorts of interesting bees and bugs are coming to the flowers. How wonderful, nature literally right at my doorstep :)

2 comments:

Anonova said...

Pretty unique to have to say to guests, "be sure to check under your cushions for tree frogs, please."

Rachelle said...

He IS adorable! WOW Patti, I just had a closer look at your blog ... I've really been out of the loop. You've been sooo BUSY!!! Looks like you're on a wonderful creative roll and are enjoying the ride.

Love, love, love Sacha. A long while back, I watched a show about the Flying Wallenda's - fascinating family for sure.

You've made so many wonderful new creations. Another fav is the "Journey to the centre of my mind" journal page - awesome!

Oooh, and I almost forgot, the camouflage duct tape purse. I was admiring it at lunch today, I had no idea it was a 'Patti Original'.