Friday 7 August 2009

Illuminating

Testing out what the text would look like in Photoshop.
This is a canvas spread I am working on in my Hat Journal. I took a calligraphy class a million years ago and we did Lombardic Versals and decorated letters. I got inspired to do a decorated letter with acrylics and its has turned into a mixed media decorated Versal with my own twist on it. The canvas was prepped with Gesso and I mixed black and white with my palette knife to get various greys.

Next I want to add text of a big list of hat styles and types. Then I dunno . . .

2 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

looks like you were a really good study in that calligraphy class ... your letters are beautiful ... love the color choices, too.

Luthien Thye said...

the calligraphy looks really good! wish i knew how to use photoshop :(