Friday 30 October 2009

More pages from "I am my Art" Journal

I love Lynne Hoppe's work and it has inspired this portrait. I used my non dominant hand to draw the face. The background was from a paper towel that was used as a clean up rag, then I ripped it into squares and glued it down with matte medium, painted it with gesso and then sanded it. I drew the face with an ochre pen then watercoloured it. I also added pencil crayons and water soluble oil pastels. I love the textures.
On the right side the background is watercolours and water soluble oil pastels. The heart is stamped with a love poem by Kahlil Gibran and stitched around and cut out and layered on top. The words are added with rubber stamps.

home is where the heART is


Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 comment:

lynne h said...

sigh... i LOVE this face, patti... that nose is fabulous, and i keep gazing at the eyes. the texture you create is always so rich and perfect for what you put on top of it.

i love ALL of the pages! they are heARTful!

xo

(and i bow at your creative feet...)