Monday 19 July 2010

ZenTerra ~ The Land of Inbetween

This is my new accordion book in the making. Over all size is 5 x7 inches and an inch thick. Its made of two strips of 140lb cold press watercolour paper with one seam in it. It is attached to the front cover like the Accordion Moleskine and the cover is heavy canvas painted with acrylics and stamped on with some words and spirals and a baroque design. I have left lots of room for it to expand with art and I have created 4 small signatures of 90lb watercolour paper to insert in some of the valley folds. I will leave it temporarily with the clips so I can take it apart to paint the backgrounds to the pages. I am really liking the format of the accordion fold and this should be fun to see how the signatures will work for this design. So far I am really pleased with how it is shaping up. :)
The cover held with bulldog clips temporarily



opening spread in pen and watercolour with a tad of light molding paste


Spread 2 with more pen and watercolour


Canada Post has featured some unsung female artists in Canadian History.
Prudence Heward's art looks amazing!


In another Journal a collage of many layers with bees wax. I love the smell!


IDEA
We have finally had more than a couple of days of nice weather and I have been out enjoying it on my road bike. Wahoo!






1 comment:

Patti G. said...

Patti,
I love your new journal! BEAUTIFUl and the pages that you have begun also! Your creative lettering always makes me SMILE! Such a talent you are!
Hugs,Patti