Saturday 27 November 2010

Lightbox Phrenology


I couldn't resist this ceramic Phrenology Head. I went shopping for a chair to sit at my bar height counter yesterday and finally decided on one. It's awesome to finally have a seat. While I was there I found the head. ;) It's about 10" tall and is right at home in my art studio.

I used my light box again to take these shots. The first one I added a faux tin tile in the background and the next couple are with the canvas that my light-box is draped in.



And in this final shot I pulled back so you can see my set up. For those that may not have seen my previous post about this, it's a wing chair with rigid plastic walls cut to fit and draped with canvas. Really simple but works great.

4 comments:

Anonova said...

Ooh, love the phrenology bust! Too cool.

jgr said...

Yes, very very cool and your light box is awesome!!

Robyn Sinclair said...

What a great photography 'studio' setup. Many thanks for the tip. Now I just need to find a suitable lamp and I'll be able to photograph art all year.

Barbara Hagerty said...

What a great idea! Thanks for posting how you did this. I found you through Strathmore, and I'm definitely going to try this!