Tuesday 20 March 2012

Time for a change

Starting off the first day of Spring with some spring cleaning and a new banner. What do you think? I wanted to show more recent art to reflect more what I am up too. I love to journal so it has a journal I made from scratch plus iPad art in the center.


Kell and I are so happy because our local art store Island Blue Print got our favourite little square Hemp Journals in again. This is how I did the cover of a previous one. The base is little pieces of masking tape and then painted with a bunch of colours of acrylic paint and then I covered the spiral binding with painted canvas. The green man is paper clay






Here is an old favorite spread done in watercolours.

Please join me in a toast to spring. :)
We are enjoying one of our favourite red wines, Stormy Bay
its a cabernet sauvignon from South Africa. Cheers



2 comments:

lizzie said...

love your new banner.
Spring??? are you sure?

lynne h said...

ahhhh.... love this painting, patti...

now you know you've got my curiosity up about this journal, ha ha. are the pages hemp? good for watercolors? can i find out more about them somewhere online?

thank you... : )

xoxo

lynne