Sunday 8 April 2007

ArtFest 2007

I had a blast at ArtFest! I was an ArtFest virgin. Hee hee hee.

I shared officers housing with 5 others and it was wonderful except for only having 1 bathroom. EEK! The apartment was great though with a big living room, dinning room and kitchen to share. My flatmates were both gracious and fun and we had a grand time. I would definitely opt for officers housing again.

I found the event itself a little overwhelming, but in a good way.
There was so much going on all the time. I didn't have time to
"do it all" I thought the postcard from the teachers was a cool
idea but I didn't have the patience to stand in line for one on
opening night. The year book was a wonderful memento to
have. Teesha is always coming up with great ideas! Vendors
night was so crowded but I braved the throng to acquire a few
choice items like a leather journal by Keith, which I adore. :)




For my classes I took Thomas and Ramona Ashman
"The House of Secrets"

This copper and brass shrine is also a double spread
book. I love my project but it took me 3 hours past the
finish time to get the basic item done. Phew! I still have to finish embellishing it. I was going to use it as a tribute to my horse Jazz who I lost in 1997 to an unfortunate accident. I used his picture on the fronts of my book covers.





My second class was with Michael deMeng "The Mad Hatters Tea Party"

This was a total hoot! I really enjoyed
Michael's relaxed atmosphere and his
demos were awesome and he has a great
sense of humour. I found myself giggling on and off most of the day. And at the end he did a critique of each persons hat
and that was a great learning experience. Hats off to you Michael!


The last day was with Misty Mawn "A Box to Treasure"



Misty had fabulous demo's, I wish I had recorded them! I definitely learned a thing or two. I was really happy with my box and all the students made beautiful boxes. The whole ArtFest Experience was amazing and if I can afford it I would love to go again in 2008!

Way to rock Teesha, Tracy and crew! Cheers Pattio

No comments: