Monday 2 June 2008

Art Studio Update

I moved in finally! I love my door! It faces east and will soon lead you to a 12 x 12 deck. :) The most recent thing I did was the trim and installed the flooring and I could finally move in permanently. I just got a sheet of vinyl flooring that looks like slate and I love it. I am so proud of my new space. I have worked on the whole thing from the beginning and done much of it all by myself including the insulation, mud and taping, painting, cutting and installing the trim and the flooring. I started the last week of March and by May 31 the inside is now complete, at least inside. The bookcases are the first permanent fixtures in my space.
This is the opening into my old space.

Its evening so you can't see the lovely pastoral scene out my north window. I made the window ledge extra deep to sit things on. Its almost 8 inches wide.

This view looking west is where my counter will be installed right across the whole wall with the track lighting right overhead. The comfy chairs will go into the old space to the left and sit in the big west facing window. Right now my desk is there. I am brainstorming ideas for custom storage for papers and assemblage items. The whole experience has been very rewarding although it seems to take forever to get things done.

Here are a few details of the flooring and the trim.



And my funky egg shaped door nob and big ol keys.

2 comments:

Anonova said...

This is just amazing, Patti!! What an awesome space to create in.

And I love old keys. You never know what they could open. :)

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is just totally fabulous! Congrats on the new digs! I know you will make fabulous art in there!
chris p