Friday, 2 January 2009
The Language of Horses
I found this horse head that was just a charcoal outline that I had abandon quite some time ago. For some reason I wanted to add words words of a distant language. I used the beautiful alphabet from Ma Vinci's and I tumbled them about to make it look like Greek. I was looking for something to test my new water soluble oil pastels and threw some on and mooshed it around with a brush. I wasn't crazy about that and added my new pan pastels in ochres and rust reds and burnt sienna. Now I am starting to like it and added a few highlights with a white watercolour crayon. I think I'll do something else too but not sure yet what.