Tuesday 11 August 2009

A rare glimpse of the Jellyglian

I am working on large canvases and this one is 18 x 24" At least this is very large for me.
I started off with a blob of titanium white and then dobbed off some paint with my paper towel and then dobbed it back on which created some neat textures. After a light wash of gold fluid acrylics and some walnut ink I stood back and saw this creature Its a very rare Jellyglian. It lives deep down on the ocean floor and hides in caves. I was trying to stay out of the muses way and just went with it.

This is the start of the Jellyglian.


4 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

exceptional! it's amazing how the unexpected can turn into a cool piece of art!!

and jellyglian is an awesome creature :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Is there really a jellyglian - or is it a creature made entirely of orange jelly. Your start picture looks as though it is going to metamorphose all on its own. Beautiful colour and texture.

mergatroid said...

Wow! This is the coolest creature. I love your textures and colours, and way to go working on large canvas! that's great!

lynne h said...

boy, i sure do like this... i think these jellyglians are very wise beings...