Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Autum Equinox

This is myself and Rick Ellwood my contractor hard at work putting up the siding of my art studio. NOT! :)))
I ran out of money last summer and had to go through the winter, spring and summer with just the tar paper. As you can see Rick is a blast to work with and will let you assist to save on the cost. His company is Trade Safe. I highly recommend him. He is reliable, really knows his stuff and is reasonable.

Here it is finished. I even got it painted already thanks to Scotia Painting. Go Ken go! I love the colours! A soft gray/green with a lighter trim. And the colour name is Artful Green. Is that kismit or what! It is so serene and calming and fits in with the surrounds perfectly.
I am so happy to see the end of that tar paper! Next I have to get my door stained. The weather here in Victoria has been fabulous this September and promises to carry on for a week or so yet. Ya! That should give me an opportunity to finish off the details. Now it is as pretty on the outside as it is on the inside. I am really happy how it all has turned out. :)

6 comments:

Kel said...

Beautiful! How exciting to be finished such a dream project. 'Artful Green' - just perfect!

The Weaver of Grass said...

How will you ever get any work done in such a lovely place? Even with a lovely name like artful green I am sure it will be hard for you to be artful unless you are very driven to create! At least the name is better than the one I have chosen to put on my wall - it is called muddy puddle!

lynne h said...

wow, it's gorgeous, patti! congratulations!

Marilyn Rock said...

Pattio; this is just fantastic and I'm so happy for you! Love the picture of you up there goin' to it! Your studio is amazing and so are you. I've got my own computer back, now, and hope to get back to real blogging this weekend :) Best always - Marilyn

Jonna said...

Looks like the two of you had fun. It really looks great.

rivergardenstudio said...

I love your studio... beautiful colors and space inside... and the deck so you are a part of nature... Roxanne